St. Patrick’s Day is as fun a day to celebrate as any. I should know- I’m Irish!
Enjoying the festivities doesn’t mean we can’t stay safe as well. Here are some great tips from Geico.com to make this the best St. Patrick’s Day ever!
- Have a designated driver. Don’t be the one behind the wheel if you’re looking to enjoy that green beer!
- Have an alternate plan. There are so many choices to get you from the party to home, so if you can’t have a designated driver, use a service like Uber or Lyft, or plan a hotel stay within close walking distance to the festivities.
- Drink water and eat food. Do all you can to counter the effects of alcohol. Don’t drink on an empty stomach!
- Don’t leave your drink unattended. Unfortunately, bad stuff can happen nowadays in a busy setting. Also, don’t accept a drink you didn’t order, especially from someone you don’t know.
- Keep an eye on your friends. For both their and your safety, make sure that everyone is accounted for and that no one is driving drunk.
- If you’re the designated driver, drive carefully. While you’re going to make sure that you’re doing the right thing, there are a lot of other people who won’t be. Make sure everyone in your care is buckled up, including you, and drive extra defensively. Watch out for pedestrians who may have had a bit too much to drink themselves. They may not have a very good idea of what’s going on around them.
So, have a great time, enjoy another great St. Patrick’s Day, and, as we Irish say: