A New Year offers new opportunities! Take advantage and set yourself up for success in 2020!
Here are some tips to make it happen:
- Set long-term, intermediate, and short-term goals– The more plans you have in place, the more control you have in moving forward!
- Keep records and evaluate progress– If you don’t know where you are, you can’t know where to go!
- Set goals for both training AND racing– Don’t get ahead of yourself. Plan for the journey, not just the destination!
- Set goals that are difficult, yet realistic– It’s important to push limits if you’re going to grow beyond where you are!
- Devise goals that are specific– If it’s too vague, it’s nearly impossible to accomplish. Make sure your goals are clear!
- Devise goals that are measurable– Not only do your goals need to be clear, they need to be designed so you can track your progress as you go!
- State goals in the positive– Focus on the DOs, not the DON’Ts!
- Keep goals under your control– This is about YOU, so look to what you want to accomplish, not what you want others to accomplish!
- Own your goals– Commit to your growth, and push yourself to stay on track!
- Involve a support system– Accountability is key, so share your goals with trusted friends and family so they can help keep you rolling along in 2020!
We have it in us to make 2020 our best year yet! Check out these links from Inc.com and TrainingPeaks.com for some more great tips: