The Holidays can be a stressful time, but with some planning, things can be a lot easier!
www.MoneyCrashers.com has some great tips to make your season even better:
Take Steps to Prevent Stress
- Determine whether to keep or discard family traditions.
- Establish a budget.
- Maintain a schedule.
Plan the Perfect Holiday
Shopping, choosing, wrapping, delivering: a lot goes into gifts during the Holidays. Simplify with these options:
- A family gift exchange with spending limits can keep things easy and less stressful.
- Gift cards can be a great way to let your friends and loved ones choose what they most want.
- Internet shopping will keep you out of the crowds and even help with delivery!
- Price comparison apps are there to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
- Personalized, inexpensive gifts touch the heart and can have lasting impact for family and friends.
- Paid gift wrapping helps keep down the mess and allow you to focus on other aspects of the Holidays.
- Charitable donations allow for a thoughtful way to give.
Decorations and Cards
Whether you’re keeping it simple or going all Clark Griswold for the season, have a good plan for maybe:
- An artificial tree for easier upkeep.
- Ornaments that are truly sentimental, maybe even hand-made.
- Greeting cards and annual letters go a long way to touch those closest to us.
You can’t have the holidays without those meals! So:
- Bake in advance and freeze.
- Use professionals. Prepared meals free you up for other important tasks.
- Share cooking and cleaning duties.
Of course, we want everything to be picture-perfect for that celebration. These tips are a great help:
- Hire a cleaning service.
- Send overnight guests to a hotel.
- Move the festivities. Share the hosting love!
The Holidays are a time to enjoy ourselves and each other, so focus on what will make your season the best for you! Check out this link for more details and other great tips: https://www.moneycrashers.com/prepare-stress-free-christmas-holiday-season/